Products of the state-of-the-art Universal Section Mill (SEM) at IISCO Steel Plant of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) have been certified for CE (Conformity Europeenee) Marking Certificate by DNV GL, Business Assurance, Sweden on 30th Aug, 2018.
Various grades of I sections, H sections and Equal Angles being produced by the Mill have received this certification and can now be exported to European Union countries, where CE Certification of products is a mandatory requirement.
1. Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP) at Bhilai, Chhattisgarh
2. Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP) at Durgapur, West Bengal
3. Rourkela Steel Plant at Rourkela, Orissa
4. IISCO Steel Plant (ISP) at Burnpur, West Bengal
5. Bokaro Steel plant (BSL) at Bokaro, Jharkhand.
Besides, SAIL has four special steel, alloy-steel plants:
1. Alloy Steels Plant (ASP) at Durgapur, West Bengal
2. Salem Steel Plant (SSP) at Salem, Tamil Nadu
3. Visvesvaraya Iron and Steel Plant (VISL) at Bhadravati, Karnataka
4. Maharashtra Elektrosmelt Limited, Chandrapur
The plants at Chandrapur and Bhadravati are subsidiaries of SAIL. These plants are located mainly in the eastern and central regions of India and situated close to domestic sources of raw materials, including the company’s iron ore, lime stone and dolomite mines. SAIL has distribution network across the country with 65 warehouses and network of dealers in all the districts of India. The IISCO-Ujjain Pipe and Foundry Company Limited, a subsidiary of IISCO, manufactures cast iron spun pipes at its works at Ujjain.sector.
Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) is the state owned largest producer of iron and steel in India. With its commercial office in New Delhi SAIL produces iron and steel at five integrated steel plants: