Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.
Best viewed in Google Chrome




Popular Posts


Showing posts with label IFGL Refractories. Show all posts
Showing posts with label IFGL Refractories. Show all posts

IFGL Refractories starts new Refractory Unit in Gujarat to manufacture Continuous Casting Refractories

- No comments

IFGL Refractories Ltd. (IFGL) is a manufacturer of Specialized Refractories and requisite Operating Systems for the Steel Industry and offers its customers Total Refractory Solution for flow control in Steel Teeming and Continuous Casting of Steel. On 20th Oct’2011 the company has started a new state-of-the-art facility at Kandla Special Economic Zone in Gujarat to manufacture Continuous Casting Refractories.

The unit, set up under IFGL Exports Limited (IEL), was inaugurated by Mrs. Smita Bajoria the wife of Group Chairman, Mr. Shishir Kr Bajoria, Mr Pradeep Bajoria, Managing Director, IFGL Refractories, Mr. Ichiro Takita Vice President of Krosaki Harima Corporation (KHC), subsidiary of Nippon Steel Corporation of Japan, and several dignitaries and local authorities were present at the inaugural function. The new unit is expected to start commercial production from the 1st of November, 2011.

The IFGL Group now has three strategically located units for manufacturing Continuous Casting Refractories. El Ceramics (EIC), located in Cincinnati, Ohio (USA), caters to the US, Canada, and Mexico. IFGL's Rourkela (Orissa) unit will henceforth be geared up to meet the increasing domestic demand and also to the steel plants located in South East Asia. IEL (IFGL Exports Limited), Kandla, will export its products to the Middle East and European markets. About 20 per cent of equity share capital of IEL is held by Krosaki Harima Corporation CKHQ, Japan, while the remaining 80 per cent is held by IFGL and other Group entities. KHC has been the equity and technical partner in IFGL for over 20 years.
IFGL acquired Monocon Group in September, 2005, with production facilities in the Brazil, China, UK, USA and Taiwan, where it is manufacturing mainly –
  • Tundish Spraying Mass
  • Refractory Darts
  • Monolithic Lances
  • Monolithics for Tundish, EAF and Ladle
  • Robotics for EAF, Ladle and Tundish lining maintenance.
In September, 2010 IFGL acquired EI Ceramics LLC and CUSC International Limited (CUSC), both Cincinnati, Ohio based companies engaged in manufacture of Isostatically Pressed Continuous Casting Refractories.

Since its inception in 1984, IFGL has gradually transcended to become an Indian Multinational Refractory Company with manufacturing facilities in Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Germany, India, UK and USA.